Call For Papers (Opens April 2020)
The Land Dialogues Conference conveners are interested in presentations of interdisciplinary scholarship by researchers working in dialogue with, within or about land. The group editors are interested in diverse and divergent approaches to the key thematic phrase ‘Land Dialogues’ and especially encourage interdisciplinary attitudes to place/space and human/non-human convergence discourses. Areas of interest to the conference & journal conveners are submissions relating to (but not limited to);
- Analysis or application of existing or emergent dialogues with land in indigenous, pre-colonial, post-colonial and anti-colonial contexts.
- Investigations of human, non-human, posthuman & transhuman interactions in dialogue with or within land/place.
- Explorations of the limits (or perceived limits) of sustainment principles, sustainabilities, ecologies and agriculture.
- New/Old Frontiers, Land and the Digital and explorations of, or reflections on potentials for new topographies including data visualisations in relationship to land.
- Experimental or experiential works or non-standard items including exhibition or performance towards dialogue with land.
- Where are we five years on from Land Dialogues 2016?
The call for papers for the 2021 Land Dialogues Conference will open in April 2020.
Conference & Publication Timeline
Call for Papers: April 2020
Deadline for abstracts: TBA
Response to abstracts: TBA
Land Dialogues Conference: TBA
Full Papers (for journal review) due: TBA
Reviewers feedback returned for Journal publication: TBA